MapReduce, mail # user - Prolonged safemode

+
Mohammad Tariq 2013-01-19, 22:35
Re: Prolonged safemode
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-01-19, 23:38
Hi Tariq,

I often have to force HDFS to go out of safe mode manually when I
restart my cluster (or after power outage).... I never tought about
reporting that ;)

I'm using hadoop-1.0.3. I think it was because of the MR files still
not replicated on enought nodes. But not 100% sure.

JM

2013/1/19, Mohammad Tariq <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Hello list,
>
>        I have a pseudo distributed setup on my laptop. Everything was
> working fine untill now. But lately HDFS has started taking a lot of time
> to leave the safemode. Infact, I have to it manuaaly most of the times as
> TT and Hbase daemons get disturbed because of this.
>
> I am using hadoop-1.0.4. Is it a problem with this version? I have never
> faced any such issue with older versions. Or, is something going wrong on
> my side??
>
> Thank you so much for your precious time.
>
> Warm Regards,
> Tariq
> https://mtariq.jux.com/
> cloudfront.blogspot.com