Sqoop >> mail # user >> Sqoop eval function

Re: Sqoop eval function
Thanks Abe.

I have tried this

   VAR=$(sqoop-eval
--query "select max(Salary) from emp..." \
--username ${user} \
--password ${Pass} \
>> ${SQOOP_LOG} 2>&1 | awk '/([0-9]+)/{print $2}')

echo "The vale of VAR is "
echo $VAR

It dosen't store the vale into VAR, It shows it into a Log file i have used
by passing through a config file

*In here If if do remove  " >> ${SQOOP_LOG} 2>&1 "  it shows the result and
store the value into VAR but also the messages from sqoop to the consol.*
I put all sqoop messages in a log file by using this .

I was trying to put sqoop messages into a file and the result into a VAR,

Pls suggest whats I am missing here or how to get it

Many thanks in advance and a very happy new year

Thanks
Yogesh