From: Bill Graham [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, August 04, 2009 4:13 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: JDBC: Infinite while(rs.next()) loop

I would love to see nightly/periodic builds published somewhere, especially if it's going to be some time before Hive 0.4 is released.

It seems like people new to Hive get the "check out and build from the trunk" or "apply this patch" answer often on this list. Having nightly builds would make life easier on these folks as well.
On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 10:33 AM, Edward Capriolo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:
On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 1:20 PM, Saurabh Nanda<[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:
> Is there any possibility of having a nightly build off the trunk,
> before hive 0.4 is officially released?
>
> On 8/4/09, Edward Capriolo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:
>> On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 10:43 AM, Bill Graham<[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:
>>> +1
>>>
>>> I agree. I do not know the answer to that one. Can anyone comment on the
>>> future Hive release schedule?

>> Hive 4.0 will be a release candidate soon. The largest major blocker
>> that I know of is dealing with Hadoop 0.20. See:
>>
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-487
>>
>> Soon after that their should be a release candidate, then voting.
>>
>> Edward
>>

> --
> http://nandz.blogspot.com
> http://foodieforlife.blogspot.com

The major thing on that is we have to build releases for every hadoop
major/minor and possibly one off the trunk. I was thinking of doing
something similar on my site since accomplishing this is possible with
hudson.  Does anyone think adding this to hadoop hive is something we
should do.