Avro, mail # user - Some questions for Avro

Re: Some questions for Avro
Jeff Hammerbacher 2010-12-07, 01:12
Hey Xingen,
> 1. Does the json schema support extends? e.g. First, I define an
> general-purpose json schema named "Object", and in other json schema, try to
> extends this "Object".

Avro IDL supports includes:
http://avro.apache.org/docs/current/idl.html#imports. It does not support
extensions, to the best of my knowledge. Perhaps you could file a feature
request at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AVRO?
> 2. In the primitive types, I can't find one type that can represent any
> objects. I tried "record", but you have to specify "name" and "fields" for
> it.

You could make a union of all of the primitive types? I'm not sure exactly
what you're trying to accomplish with this question though.

Thanks,
Jeff