MapReduce, mail # user - DistributedCache - why not read directly from HDFS?

+
Alberto Cordioli 2013-03-23, 14:53
Re: DistributedCache - why not read directly from HDFS?
Harsh J 2013-03-23, 15:17
A DistributedCache is not used just to distribute simple files but
also native libraries and such which cannot be loaded by certain if
its on HDFS.

Also, keeping it on HDFS could provide less performant as non-local
reads could happen (depending on the files' replication factor).

--
Harsh J
+