MapReduce, mail # user - java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/hadoop/mapreduce/v2/app/MRAppMaste

Re: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/hadoop/mapreduce/v2/app/MRAppMaste
Subroto 2012-06-05, 08:55
Hi Deva,

Thanks for your response.
The file etc/hadoop/yarn-env.sh has the following entries:
export HADOOP_MAPRED_HOME=/usr/local/hadoop
export HADOOP_COMMON_HOME=/usr/local/hadoop
export HADOOP_HDFS_HOME=/usr/local/hadoop
export YARN_HOME=/usr/local/hadoop
export HADOOP_CONF_DIR=/usr/local/hadoop/etc/hadoop
export YARN_CONF_DIR=$HADOOP_CONF_DIR
Is it expected to have these variables in profile file of the Linux user??

I am not using Windows client. My client is running on Mac and the cluster is running on Linux versions.

Cheers,
Subroto Sanyal