HBase, mail # user - Can manually remove HFiles (similar to bulk import, but bulk remove)?

Re: Can manually remove HFiles (similar to bulk import, but bulk remove)?
Amandeep Khurana 2012-07-09, 19:38
I _think_ you should be able to do it and be just fine but you'll need to shut down the region servers before you remove and start them back up after you are done. Someone else closer to the internals can confirm/deny this.