Kafka >> mail # user >> Dynamic weblog processing

Dynamic weblog processing
Hi,

I am new to kafka. If i have an application which is generating logs and i
need to read and do some CEP on these logs.

For CEP, we are planning to use Esper and for reading weblogs, we are
examining Kafka. I have few questions:
1) What will be a producer in this case. Will it be an external
entity(standalone program) which will do file I/o and send weblogs to kafka
broker?
2) Or will it be part of application itself, so that it can read logs in
parallel with the logging utility?

Any pointers will be helpful...

Thanks,
Navneet