HBase >> mail # dev >> [DISCUSS] Namespace Delimiter

+
Francis Liu 2013-05-07, 23:38
+
Jonathan Hsieh 2013-05-07, 23:43
+
Ian Varley 2013-05-07, 23:49
+
Francis Liu 2013-05-08, 00:22
+
Stack 2013-05-08, 06:36
+
James Taylor 2013-05-08, 06:55
+
Sergey Shelukhin 2013-05-08, 19:01
+
Elliott Clark 2013-05-08, 20:27
+
Francis Liu 2013-05-09, 00:02
+
Ted Yu 2013-05-09, 00:11
+
Francis Liu 2013-05-09, 01:00
+
Sergey Shelukhin 2013-05-09, 01:24
+
Francis Liu 2013-05-09, 01:36
+
Ted Yu 2013-05-09, 01:27
+
Francis Liu 2013-05-09, 01:58
+
Ted Yu 2013-05-09, 02:03
Re: [DISCUSS] Namespace Delimiter
On Wed, May 8, 2013 at 7:03 PM, Ted Yu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> w.r.t. auto-generate option, we need some heuristics.
>
> e.g. would namespace.schemaname.tablename be supported ?
>
> The auto-generate option may create namespace name out of existing schema
> name.

There is no schema name in hbase.  James's convention up in phoenix at the
hbase-level is a table name w/ a dot in it.

This is already a difficult enough issue.  No need to add complications.

St.Ack
+
Francis Liu 2013-05-09, 23:03
+