HBase, mail # dev - [DISCUSS] Namespace Delimiter

Re: [DISCUSS] Namespace Delimiter
Stack 2013-05-09, 03:40
On Wed, May 8, 2013 at 7:03 PM, Ted Yu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> w.r.t. auto-generate option, we need some heuristics.
>
> e.g. would namespace.schemaname.tablename be supported ?
>
> The auto-generate option may create namespace name out of existing schema
> name.

There is no schema name in hbase.  James's convention up in phoenix at the
hbase-level is a table name w/ a dot in it.

This is already a difficult enough issue.  No need to add complications.

St.Ack