Flume >> mail # user >> flume-ng agent startup problem

+
Jagadish Bihani 2012-08-08, 07:45
+
alo alt 2012-08-08, 07:49
+
Patrick Wendell 2012-08-08, 16:49
+
Hari Shreedharan 2012-08-08, 16:57
+
Jagadish Bihani 2012-08-10, 10:00
+
Jagadish Bihani 2012-08-11, 09:09
Re: flume-ng agent startup problem
Jagadish,

One possibility is that flume is not finding the Hadoop classpath correctly
and silently failing when trying to create the HDFS sink. I've run into
something like this before and thought we had fixed it.

Do you have HADOOP_HOME set in your environment? If you run "$> hadoop
classpath" on the command line does it correctly print out the hadoop
classpath? Flume uses these to try and find out the correct hadoop
directories to include in the classpath.

Also, can you run ./flume-ng with the -d option to print out the classpath
that is being used to launch flume? You want to verify that your hadoop
directory is in there.

- Patrick

+
Jagadish Bihani 2012-08-14, 13:11