Sqoop, mail # user - Sqoop import of packed data

Re: Sqoop import of packed data
Jarek Jarcec Cecho 2013-10-14, 15:08
Hi Ganesh,
Sqoop is using DB2 JDBC connector to talk with DB2 running on mainframes. The data unpacking is actually done by the JDBC Connector itself as otherwise the connector would not be compliant with the JDBC specification. Sqoop is taking advantage of that to transfer your data into HDFS unpacked.

Jarcec