Kafka >> mail # user >> version of zookeeper

+
Jason Rosenberg 2012-11-13, 07:30
+
David Arthur 2012-11-13, 13:55
+
Jun Rao 2012-11-13, 14:57
+
Neha Narkhede 2012-11-13, 16:50
Re: version of zookeeper
Ok,

So, there are known api changes that would preclude use of 3.4.x with
kafka, it sounds like?

Is there a notion of a supported version of zookeeper for each kafka
release?

How about upgrading the recommended version for 0.8 at least to the latest
3.3.x (3.3.6)?

Jason

On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 8:50 AM, Neha Narkhede <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> I've been observing the zookeeper mailing list for 3.4.x and haven't
> found it to be particularly stable. There are still serious issues
> being reported like leader election failures, ephemeral node deletion.
> I'm sure they are being fixed and there are many early adopters. But
> my guess is that we should probably release 0.8 on a proven stable
> version and look into 3.4.x for Kafka 0.8.1.
>
> Thanks,
> Neha
>
> On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 6:57 AM, Jun Rao <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Jason,
> >
> > We are just not sure about the stability of ZK 3.4.4. Does anybody know?
> In
> > fact, some of the features in ZK 3.4.x (like the multi operation) can
> > improve the availability of Kafka in 0.8. So, we'd like to move to ZK
> 3.4.4
> > if it's been widely used and is stable.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Jun
> >
> > On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 11:30 PM, Jason Rosenberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I'm wondering if there's a reason kafka currently seems to depend on
> >> zookeeper 3.3.4.  While the current stable version for zookeeper is
> 3.4.4.
> >>
> >> Are there known issues with upgrading to the newer version of zookeeper?
> >>
> >> Jason

+
Neha Narkhede 2012-11-13, 23:29
+