Zookeeper >> mail # dev >> Release planning for 3.5.0

+
Patrick Hunt 2012-12-21, 21:17
+
Alexander Shraer 2012-12-21, 21:32
Re: Release planning for 3.5.0
On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 1:32 PM, Alexander Shraer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> 1) Need to finish up the dynamic reconfig support.
>
> What's missing is only a few basic C API tests. Michi & Marshall are
> looking into it, but if they doen't find time, I can try to write
> those in mid January. Michi also reviewed the C client API. Ben
> reviewed the Java client and server changes. It would be awesome if
> others review as well.

Sounds great Alex, thanks!

Note: You (community members) don't need to be a committer to provide
review feedback. (hint hint)

Actually it's a great way to learn more about the code and work
towards becoming a committer.

Patrick

> On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 1:17 PM, Patrick Hunt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> There are a number of great new features that are in trunk or about to
>> be committed to trunk. I'm proposing that we do a 3.5.0 release in
>> February, I volunteer to be the release manager.
>>
>> As RM I plan to do 3.5.0 as an alpha release with an extended voting
>> period. Perhaps 2 weeks rather than the standard 3 days. We'd then
>> iterate rapidly on reported issues to transition to beta and finally
>> stable releases. Similar to what we did with 3.4.
>>
>> Some pending features:
>> 1) Need to finish up the dynamic reconfig support.
>> 2) Facebook has contributed a number of scalability improvements. They
>> are planning to add local sessions, I'd like to include that and any
>> other features that they might provide in the timeframe.
>>
>> There are only 4 jiras marked as blockers for 3.5.0 currently.
>> ZOOKEEPER-1551 looks the most serious.
>>
>> There are a number of patch available jiras that we've been whittling
>> down, we'd try to include as many of those as can be completed in the
>> timeframe.
>>

>> What do you think?
>>
>> Patrick
+