Hadoop >> mail # general >> [DISCUSSION] Thinking about 20.204 and beyond

Re: [DISCUSSION] Thinking about 20.204 and beyond
Hi Roy,

Thanks for the clarification. I will endeavor to keep marketing to a minimum. I always try to keep my actions as a manager and project contributor consistent with our community norms.  When one is speaking as the manager of a team of contributors pronouns get complicated.

I've gotten lots of feedback that folks would like a better understanding of what I plan to ask team members to invest in. And lots of questions about why we don't do various things others would like to see done.  My goal is simply to be transparent. That should allow all of us to make better decisions as a community.

Given the number of questions I have gotten on why "yahoo" chooses to do sustaining I think the background is needed for an informed debate.

I expect yahoo team members will continue to make branches and call release votes. I hope that sharing my thinking, intentions and motivations up front reduces conflict.

---
E14 - typing on glass