Hive, mail # user - Error in semantic analysis: Unable to fetch table

+
Keith Wiley 2012-10-18, 20:46
Re: Error in semantic analysis: Unable to fetch table
MiaoMiao 2012-10-19, 05:15
What php, you are using exec('hive -S -e "select * from some_table"')
or something like that in php?

On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 4:46 AM, Keith Wiley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> If I run a select command on the command line with -e it works.  If I run the same command inside hive (without -e) it still works...but if I exec it with a -e from php (so obviously the apache user), I get "Error in semantic analysis: Unable to fetch table [tablename]".  Bear in mind that this overall system worked perfectly for weeks.  I haven't modified the code or anything.  What did change was I had to reinstall hadoop and hive and I'm sure some configuration parameter is not correct now.  I found some Google references to this error but no clear-but solutions.
>
> What does this error mean and how do I fix it?
>
> Thanks.

> Keith Wiley     [EMAIL PROTECTED]     keithwiley.com    music.keithwiley.com
>
> "The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches
> me to suspect that my own is also."
>                                            --  Mark Twain

Keith Wiley 2012-10-19, 06:48
+