From: John Omernik [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Saturday, December 01, 2012 4:22 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: BINARY column type

Hi Chuck -

I've used binary columns with Newlines in the data. I used RCFile format for my storage method. Works great so far. Whether or not this is "the" way to get data in, I use hexed data (my transform script outputs hex encoded) and the final insert into the table gets a unhex(sourcedata).  That's never been a problem for me, seems a bit hackish, but works well.