Accumulo, mail # user - Concurrent updates

+
Sami Omer 2012-10-16, 20:51
+
Eric Newton 2012-10-16, 22:19
+
David Medinets 2012-10-17, 01:03
+
Mike Drob 2012-10-17, 01:15
+
Christopher Tubbs 2012-10-17, 06:32
Re: Concurrent updates
ameet kini 2012-10-17, 12:40
Alternately, for two rollups - summing by day and week - you could insert
into two different columns, with each configured with its own combiner. The
advantage with this scheme is that both combiners can be configured for all
three scopes - scan, minc, and majc, so the versioning iterator will not
interfere.

Ameet

On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 2:32 AM, Christopher Tubbs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> If you're going to only do aggregation at the scan scope, you'd
> probably want to make sure you don't have the versioning iterator
> turned on for minc and majc scopes. Otherwise, you're scans may look
> different over time between initial ingest and later, when the data
> has been compacted on disk.
>
> --
> Christopher L Tubbs II
> http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii
>

> On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 9:15 PM, Mike Drob <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > One option is to only set the aggregation for scan scope, and then you
> can
> > programatically choose which one you need.
> >

> > On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 9:03 PM, David Medinets <
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > wrote:

> >> I'll ask the obvious follow-up question. If two kinds of sums are
> >> needed (i.e., summing by day and week), would an event need to be
> >> written to two tables?

+
Sami Omer 2012-10-17, 15:56