HBase >> mail # dev >> Exception while using HBase trunk with hadoop - 2.0.3

+
ramkrishna vasudevan 2013-02-21, 15:24
+
Ted Yu 2013-02-21, 17:00
+
ramkrishna vasudevan 2013-02-22, 02:26
+
ramkrishna vasudevan 2013-02-22, 03:35
Re: Exception while using HBase trunk with hadoop - 2.0.3
The exception was from hadoop layer - when waiting to get out of safe mode.
Here is the call:

    } catch (Exception e) {

      if (e instanceof IOException) throw (IOException) e;      // Check
whether dfs is on safemode.

      inSafeMode = dfs.setSafeMode(

        org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocol.FSConstants.SafeModeAction.
SAFEMODE_GET);
I wish we had logged the exception prior to the call. Looks like
setSafeMode() with boolean parameter is not supported.

Cheers

+
ramkrishna vasudevan 2013-02-21, 15:47
+