Hadoop, mail # dev - What is the correct spelling?

Re: What is the correct spelling?
Niels Basjes 2010-12-27, 09:18
Hi Todd,

> Unfortunately this is part of a public facing API, so it's a bit tough to
> change without breaking a bunch of dependent code. So, I think despite the
> annoying spelling mistake, it's not worth the pain to fix because of the API
> breakage :(

Yes, I fully agree. Changing public APIs is a monster.

> If you find other spelling mistakes that are parts of internal APIs, feel
> free to file JIRAs and patches to fix!

The changes I was thinking about are limited to the junit testing
files for the codecs. --> fully internal

Specifically this one:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/hadoop/common/trunk/src/test/core/org/apache/hadoop/io/compress/TestCodec.java?view=markup

Which contains (among others) this method: testSplitableCodecs

As I'm actually touching these methods I'll include the changes in the
patch I'm currently working on.

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Niels Basjes