Accumulo >> mail # user >> Iterator name already in use with AccumuloInputFormat?

+
Chris Sigman 2013-04-11, 18:10
+
Keith Turner 2013-04-11, 18:13
+
Billie Rinaldi 2013-04-11, 21:15
Re: Iterator name already in use with AccumuloInputFormat?
Thanks guys.  Yes, I was using AccumuloInputFormat, in 1.4.2, and was not
specifying a name. I thought that it worked the first time without issue,
but I must have been mistaken.  It's working now though, so thanks!
--
Chris
On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 5:15 PM, Billie Rinaldi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> To summarize the issue: whenever you add a RegExFilter using the
> recommended method AccumuloInputFormat.addIterator in 1.4, and you haven't
> explicitly specified a name for your iterator, an error is thrown saying
> the name is in use.  This is because the input format always sets a
> RegExFilter to handle the deprecated method of setting regex on the input
> format, even if that method isn't used.  See ACCUMULO-1267.  This issue can
> be avoided by specifying a name for the iterator when creating the
> IteratorSetting.
>

> On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 11:13 AM, Keith Turner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 2:10 PM, Chris Sigman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> > I've just run a job for the second time where I've called addIterator
>> with a
>> > RegExFilter, and it's saying that the filter name is already in use.
>>  When I
>> > try to scan using the shell though, the iterator's not there... what's
>> going
>> > on?
>>
>> Are you using the same java process to start two map reduce jobs when
>> you see this?
>>

>> > Thanks,
>> > --
>> > Chris