Zookeeper, mail # user - ANN: Exhibitor 1.1.0

Re: ANN: Exhibitor 1.1.0
Jordan Zimmerman 2012-06-28, 05:28
Someone deleted the page - try now.

>How do you avoid obvious crazy cases like 5 new hosts jumping onto a cluster
>where all of the original hosts in the quorum are down for maintenance or something?

New instances are added into the cluster one at a time. So, if you wanted to add 5 new instances for some reason, it wouldn't break quorum. I don't follow your example, though, of 5 new hosts while the originals are down for maintenance.

The way Exhibitor accomplishes this is via shared configuration. The details of the rolling config change are here: https://github.com/Netflix/exhibitor/wiki/Rolling-Ensemble-Change (see the Details section).

-JZ