HBase >> mail # user >> HTablePool

Re: HTablePool
On Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 10:14 AM, Dalia Sobhy
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I want to understand when to use HTable, HTablePool and HtableAdmin in Java API ?

HTable to access a table.

HTablePool if lots of threads in your application accessing a table or tables.

HTableAdmin when you want to run administrative functions; its API
only has admin functions as opposed to HTable which has DML

> I tried to read Hbase book, but I got confused.. So any help please?
>
> How to insert data using Put in a HTablePool instance..?

HTablePool returns HTables.  Use the returned HTable to do your put against.

St.Ack