MapReduce >> mail # user >> copyFromLocal

guys i have hadoop installled in a remote box ... does copyFromLocal method
copies data from tht local box only wht if i have to copy data from uses
desktop pc(for example E drive) thru my my web application will i have to
first copy data to tht remote box using some java code then use
copyFromLocal method to copy in to hadoop....