MapReduce, mail # user - How to learn Mapreduce

Re: How to learn Mapreduce
Harsh J 2013-01-29, 04:54
I'd recommend discovering a need first - attempt to solve a problem
and then write a program around it. Hadoop is data-driven, so its
rather hard if you try to learn it without working with any data.

A book may interest you as well: http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Books

--
Harsh J