Hadoop, mail # user - Hadoop & Python

+
s d 2009-05-19, 15:36
+
Alex Loddengaard 2009-05-19, 16:48
Re: Hadoop & Python
s d 2009-05-19, 17:35
Thanks.
So in the overall scheme of things, what is the general feeling about using
python for this? I like the ease of deploying and reading python compared
with Java but want to make sure using python over hadoop is scalable & is
standard practice and not something done only for prototyping and small
scale tests.
On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 9:48 AM, Alex Loddengaard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Streaming is slightly slower than native Java jobs.  Otherwise Python works
> great in streaming.
>
> Alex
>
> On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 8:36 AM, s d <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > How robust is using hadoop with python over the streaming protocol? Any
> > disadvantages (performance? flexibility?) ?  It just strikes me that
> python
> > is so much more convenient when it comes to deploying and crunching text
> > files.
> > Thanks,

+
Amr Awadallah 2009-05-19, 20:30