HBase >> mail # user >> delete rows without writing HLog may be appear in the future?

+
Bing Jiang 2012-11-21, 12:37
+
Michael Segel 2012-11-21, 15:09
+
Bing Jiang 2012-11-21, 15:20
+
lars hofhansl 2012-11-21, 17:27
+
Bing Jiang 2012-11-22, 02:10
+
Bing Jiang 2012-11-22, 03:53
+
ramkrishna vasudevan 2012-11-22, 03:56
+
Bing Jiang 2012-11-22, 04:36
+
lars hofhansl 2012-11-22, 05:01
+
Bing Jiang 2012-11-22, 06:50
+
ramkrishna vasudevan 2012-11-21, 15:24
Re: delete rows without writing HLog may be appear in the future?
yes,hbase has made a compaction between batch-put and deletes. any ideas?

On Nov 21, 2012 11:10 PM, "Michael Segel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Some time later?
>
> Time of course is relative, so I have to ask what occurred between the
write and the delete?
> How much time? Did you have any compactions in between the write and the
delete?

> Why are you not consistent in your use of the WAL ?
>

> On Nov 21, 2012, at 6:37 AM, Bing Jiang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > hi,all.
> > I want to describe a phenomenon that happens to our hbase cluster.
> > I use puts(List<Put>) to insert many records with writing hlog enable,
> > and some time later I delete all of these records with writing hlog
disable.
> > When one week later, i scan the table, I found some records I have
delete
> > reappear again.
> > It is an interesting case. In my opinion, if we delete data without
enable
> > writing hlog, when regionserver fails, the log will replay in another
> > regionserver.
> > Can anyone tell me if I persist on deleting records without enable
writing
> > hlog, is there a way to prevent these records from reappearing again
some
> > time later?
> >
> > Cheers!
> > --
> > Bing Jiang
> > weibo: http://weibo.com/jiangbinglover
> > BLOG: http://blog.sina.com.cn/jiangbinglover
> > BLOG: http://www.binospace.com
> > National Research Center for Intelligent Computing Systems
> > Institute of Computing technology
> > Graduate University of Chinese Academy of Science

+
Kevin Odell 2012-11-21, 15:18
+
Bing Jiang 2012-11-21, 15:37