Zookeeper >> mail # user >> Can ZK be used for my use case?

Can ZK be used for my use case?
Hi everyone,

I have a web application who generates different types of files (at
different version) on the server.  Those files must be transferred at 300
clients (watchers) and, after transfer, each client must modify every file
for his purpose.  The "client" is a simple java stand alone application
installed on my user PC.
Today my users must download manually their files from an FTP server and
they must use a java library to convert their files.  Of course, I don't
know if they do this when the file version changes, I don't have any trace
who did it ...

My idea is to use a ZK server with 300 clients, each client will be
monitoring a specific namespace for changes (for example : client 1 will
monitor /app1 and app2, client 2 -> app 2 only ...).  Every namespace will
contain the name of the file, his location, his version ... When the file
version will change, the java client will use the information to retrieve
and to modify the file from my central FTP. "My leader" needs to know which
user is connected and he must synchronize the downloads to avoid network
bottlenecks.

Does ZK fits in this scenario?

Thanks for your time,
  Tavi