HBase, mail # user - UnknownRowLockException

Re: UnknownRowLockException
Jean-Daniel Cryans 2012-07-24, 22:51
On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 3:44 PM, Marco Gallotta <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Oh, oops, I misread increments documentation. I'm fine with that. The only problem now then is that it only operates on longs, but I'm storing ints and shorts to save space. Perhaps the space saving isn't worth the cost of not using this though.

That's what I thought, I don't know what a partially completed
increment on a single cell would look like... see 7 while someone is
incrementing 4 by 5? :)

The space saving is a good question, are you really that short on hard
drives? The key is still the bigger part of your whole row by an order
of magnitude and this is usually where people try to shave a few bytes
off.

J-D