Flume, mail # user - Authentication - Avro Source, Sink, RpcClient

RE: Authentication - Avro Source, Sink, RpcClient
Rakos, Rudolf 2013-01-25, 14:07
I think that maybe it’s possible to use Avro RPCPlugins to inject authentication data during the Avro handshake.

Thanks for your help Mike.

Regards,
Rudolf

From: Mike Percy [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2013 9:16 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Authentication - Avro Source, Sink, RpcClient

I agree that AvroSource/Sink SASL and Kerberos auth would be really useful. It would need some work at the Avro level, though.

There is also the possibility of doing the same thing on top of Thrift, in which case it would require a brand new source/sink/client implementation but it wouldn't require any protocol work AFAICT.

Regards
Mike