HBase, mail # dev - [DISCUSSION] Sorting out issues for 0.96 for (eventual) release

[DISCUSSION] Sorting out issues for 0.96 for (eventual) release
Andrew Purtell 2013-01-08, 17:51
There are 118 JIRAs targeting 0.96 specifically. 3 blockers, 10 criticals.
Snapshots will be merged in soon. PBing RPC and persistence is well along
but there are 5945, 6521, 7233, 7448 and others due before release could be
considered. The work is important and as a consequence 0.96 will still need
a few months to come together.

That said, I think we should make up a list of what people want to see in,
and what could/should be excluded after we find that consensus.

I wonder if we might be able to start fielding RCs in the second quarter of
2013 sometime. I think it will still take some time to bake beyond that. I
might be able to get some time on a 1000 node testbed, so would expect a
bunch of issues to fall out of that.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy