Hadoop >> mail # user >> How to recover a namenode?

Re: How to recover a namenode?
You may want to check importcheckpoint option too
http://hadoop.apache.org/hdfs/docs/current/hdfs_user_guide.html#Import+Checkpoint

Boris.

On 9/17/10 1:36 AM, "ChingShen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I think I got it!

Step by step as following:

 1. put two files into hdfs.
 2. kill -9 ${namenode_pid}.
 3. delete the whole ${hadoop.tmp.dir}/dfs directory of NN.
 4. copy the dfs directory of BN to NN.
 5. start-up NN.

It works. Is it correct?

Shen