HBase, mail # user - Premature EOF: no length prefix available

+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-05-02, 19:27
+
Ted Yu 2013-05-02, 19:40
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-05-02, 19:57
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-05-02, 19:59
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-05-02, 20:10
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-05-02, 20:18
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-05-02, 20:23
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-05-02, 20:32
+
Loic Talon 2013-05-02, 20:53
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-05-02, 21:12
+
Loic Talon 2013-05-02, 21:21
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-05-02, 21:24
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-05-02, 21:18
+
Michael Segel 2013-05-02, 21:32
Re: Premature EOF: no length prefix available
Andrew Purtell 2013-05-02, 21:47
By "expensive" I mean "seriously?"
On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 2:32 PM, Michael Segel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> On May 2, 2013, at 4:18 PM, Andrew Purtell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Sorry, hit send too soon. I would recommend the following instance types:
> >
> >    hi1.4xlarge: Expensive but it has a comfortable level of resources and
> > will perform
>
> Yeah at a spot price of $3.00 an hour per server?
> Its expensive and fast. Note that you will want to up the number of slots
> from the default 2 that are set up. ;-)
> More tuning is recommended. (Ooops! That's for EMR not just EC2)
>

> >    hs1.8xlarge: This is what you might see in a typical data center
> Hadoop
> > deployment, also expensive
> >    m2.2xlarge/m2.4xlarge: Getting up to the amount of RAM you want for
> > caching in "big data" workloads
> >    m1.xlarge: Less CPU but more RAM than c1.xlarge, so safer
> >    c1.xlarge: Only if you really know what you are doing and need to be
> > cheap
> >    Anything lesser endowed: Never
> >
> > You may find that, relative to AWS charges for a hi1.4xlarge, some other
> > hosting option for the equivalent would be more economical.

> >> Eeek!
> >>
> >> You shouldn't use less than c1.xlarge for running Hadoop+HBase on EC2. A
> >> c1.medium has only 7 GB of RAM in total.

> depending

> for
Best regards,

   - Andy