Flume >> mail # user >> Hadoop jars

+
Rahul Ravindran 2012-11-19, 22:07
+
Mohit Anchlia 2012-11-19, 22:11
+
Rahul Ravindran 2012-11-19, 22:18
+
Roshan Naik 2012-11-19, 22:25
+
Mohit Anchlia 2012-11-19, 22:33
Flume installs all required binaries, except for Hadoop (and the dependencies it would pull in) and HBase. This is because Flume, like most other Hadoop ecosystem components is meant to work against binary incompatible versions of Hadoop (Hadoop-1/Hadoop2). So instead of packaging hadoop jars with Flume, we expect Hadoop to be available on the machines you are running Flume on. Once you install Hadoop you should not have any dependency issues. Same is true for HBase.
Hari

--
Hari Shreedharan
On Monday, November 19, 2012 at 2:33 PM, Mohit Anchlia wrote:

> Easiest way is to install cdh binary and point your flume's classpath to it.
>
> On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 2:25 PM, Roshan Naik <[EMAIL PROTECTED] (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED])> wrote:
> > Currently, unfortunately, i dont think there is any such documentation.
> > A  very general answer would be..Normally this list would depend on the source/sink/channel you are using.
> > I think it would be nice if the user manual did list these external dependencies for each component.
> > I am not the expert on HDFS sink.. but i dont see why it would depend on anything more than HDFS itself.
> > -roshan
> >

> > On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 2:18 PM, Rahul Ravindran <[EMAIL PROTECTED] (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED])> wrote:
> > > Are there other such libraries which will need to be downloaded? Is there a well-defined location for the hadoop jar and any other jars that flume may depend on?

+
Rahul Ravindran 2012-11-20, 00:04
+
Hari Shreedharan 2012-11-20, 00:08