HBase >> mail # dev >> Incompatible Java API Diffs from 0.94 -> 0.95.2

Incompatible Java API Diffs from 0.94 -> 0.95.2
Hi everyone,

I took some time and went over the JDiff report of API incompatibilities
from 0.94 -> 0.95.2.
Please have a look at the document and add your comments. The goal is to
acknowledge the incompatibilities that we will permit and fix ones that
seem egregious.

I went through and identified incompatible public API changes. Note that
since this is a singularity release, these breaking changes are not
unacceptable. However, we should minimize the extent of these changes if we
can to make it easier for folks to transition their client code.

https://docs.google.com/a/cloudera.com/document/d/14nqQXlIvgJOxGFTfhSoquYzjW8Yx-v9TqTBqRjiB7g0/edit

The full report can be found here:
https://github.com/AleksandrShulman/hbase_jdiff/tree/master/reports

There were some areas where I was not sure about the impact of a change. I
noted those with a question mark. Feel free to fill in any gaps.
--
Best Regards,

Aleks Shulman
847.814.5804