HBase >> mail # dev >> [Shadow Regions / Read Replicas ]

Re: [Shadow Regions / Read Replicas ]
Fundamentally, I'd prefer focusing on making HBase "HBasier" instead of
tackling a feature that other systems architecturally can do better
(inconsistent reads).   I consider consistent reads/writes being one of
HBase's defining features. That said, I think read replicas makes sense and
is a nice feature to have.

A few thoughts:
- Both approaches need to have more failure handling cases thought out.
- I think the two goals are both worthy on their own each with their own
optimal points.  We should in the design makes sure that we can support
both goals.
- I want to making sure the proposed design have a path for optimal
fast-consistent read-recovery.

Jon.