Sqoop >> mail # user >> Sqoop Import Error

Sqoop Import Error
Hello,
 I am getting this error java.lang.RuntimeException: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.CommunicationsException: Communications link failure when I run the following sqoop command. The port 5555 is forwarded to another instance of MySql

sqoop import --connect jdbc:mysql://127.0.0.1:5555/uiserver --username dbuser -p --table comments --target-dir /data/uiserver/comments/
 I am able to connect to the data from this server (mysql –h127.0.0.1 –P5555 –udbuser –p). Also, I am able to get swoop to return the list of databases and tables using sqoop list-databases --connect jdbc:mysql://127.0.0.1:5555/uiserver --username dbuser -p )

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
John D.
+