Hive >> mail # user >> Which is the postgres version is compatible for hive-trunk..?

+
rohithsharma 2012-11-06, 04:29
+
Alexander Lorenz 2012-11-06, 07:09
+
rohithsharma 2012-11-06, 08:53
Re: Which is the postgres version is compatible for hive-trunk..?
Hi,

I don't know what exactly was the major changes between 9.0.x and 9.1.x, but when you've a good experience with 9.0.x, use it :)
For 9.1.x, it would be great to get a log or stack trace to see whats going wrong there.

best,
 Alex

On Nov 6, 2012, at 9:53 AM, rohithsharma <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Lorenz,
>
> Thanks for you fast reply :-)
>
>>> Postgres 9x I personally wouldn't choose.
> Can you please tell what is the problem using 9x version with hive.?
>
> I tried with 9.0.7, it was successfully integrated and functionality also
> fine. But when I changed to 9.1, basic "show table" in hive failed.
>
> I was wondering what is the major change between 9.0.7 to 9.1.4.?
>

> Regards
> Rohith Sharma K S

Alexander Alten-Lorenz
http://mapredit.blogspot.com