HBase >> mail # user >> HBase type support

Re: HBase type support
+1.  I really don't want to add typing specific information into hbase core
-- howver, having buliding blocks, plugins, and extra metadata manage it
seems quite reasonable to me.

There are many many games that can be played to encode data and enforcing
typing at the hbase level as opposed to library. (ex: putting in structs
that have fields with ints as opposed to having tons of cols with ints in
them, or how opentsdb encodes time stamps, etc..).

Jon.

--
// Jonathan Hsieh (shay)
// Software Engineer, Cloudera