MapReduce >> mail # user >> Tricks to upgrading Sequence Files?

Tricks to upgrading Sequence Files?
Anyone have any good tricks for upgrading a sequence file.

We maintain a sequence file like a flat file DB and the primary object in
there changed in recent development.

It's trivial to write a job to read in the sequence file, update the object,
and write it back out in the new format.

But since sequence files read and write the key/value class I would either
need to rename the model object with a version number, or change the header
of each sequence file.

Just wondering if there are any nice tricks to this.