Accumulo, mail # dev - TooManyFilesException.java - cannot find org.slf4j

+
Kristopher Kane 2012-10-06, 15:23
Re: TooManyFilesException.java - cannot find org.slf4j
Billie Rinaldi 2012-10-06, 23:10
On Sat, Oct 6, 2012 at 11:23 AM, Kristopher Kane <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Please bear with me as I'm cutting teeth on a lot of things to work on
> ACCUMULO-720... like learning Java.  :-)
>
> I did an SVN check out of trunk and compiled/ran it. Then I imported
> the checkout into Eclipse and noticed that TooManyFilesException.java
> is complaining about not being able to find org.slf4j.

Did you do Import -> Existing Maven Projects?  If the project appears to
have imported correctly as a Maven project (it creates a dozen-ish separate
Maven projects in your workspace), and it builds fine at the command line,
sometimes you just have to refresh and/or clean (Project -> Clean) the
workspace to make Eclipse happy.  Another sometimes-useful thing is right
click -> Maven -> Update Project Configuration (now Update Project in
Juno), though that should only be needed if a pom has changed.

Also, if you take a look at a Maven project in Eclipse, it will have a
section called Maven Dependencies that you can open and see what jars are
actually being pulled in.

Billie

> When I compiled with Maven everything appeared to finish fine.  Does
> mean that Maven ignored the missing import or that it downloaded the
> dep at compile time?
>
> Thanks for the help,
>
> -Kris

+