HDFS, mail # dev - Why is FileSystem.createNonRecursive deprecated?

+
Ravi Prakash 2013-06-11, 22:18
Re: Why is FileSystem.createNonRecursive deprecated?
Andrew Wang 2013-06-11, 23:09
Hi Ravi,

I wasn't around for HADOOP-6840, but I'm guessing it's deprecated for the
same reasons as primitiveCreate: FileSystem is supposed to eventually to be
supplanted by FileContext.

FileContext#create also has a more manageable number of method signatures
through the use of flags, and in fact defaults to not creating parent
directories. I believe MR2 also uses FileContext over FileSystem, so this
might be your best bet.

HTH,
Andrew
On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 3:18 PM, Ravi Prakash <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I am trying to fix MAPREDUCE-5317. I noticed that the only way through
> FileSystem to NOT recursively create directories is through the deprecated
> method
>
> @deprecated API only for 0.20-append
> FileSystem.createNonRecursive.
>

> This has been marked deprecated ever since it was put in by HADOOP-6840.
> Do we know if we ever expect to un-deprecate this method? I am trying to
> find the rationale behind checking it in as a deprecated method, but
> haven't been able to find any written record. Does anyone know?
> Thanks
> Ravi
+
Colin McCabe 2013-06-13, 00:58