HDFS >> mail # dev >> Why is FileSystem.createNonRecursive deprecated?

Re: Why is FileSystem.createNonRecursive deprecated?
Hi Ravi,

I wasn't around for HADOOP-6840, but I'm guessing it's deprecated for the
same reasons as primitiveCreate: FileSystem is supposed to eventually to be
supplanted by FileContext.

FileContext#create also has a more manageable number of method signatures
through the use of flags, and in fact defaults to not creating parent
directories. I believe MR2 also uses FileContext over FileSystem, so this
might be your best bet.

HTH,
Andrew