Zookeeper, mail # user - methods to figure out what causes an ephemeral node to be deleted

+
Adam Rosien 2012-03-02, 02:43
Re: methods to figure out what causes an ephemeral node to be deleted
Camille Fournier 2012-03-02, 02:47
Running your transaction logs through the LogFormatter. You should see
an explicit delete, or the close of the owning session. The
LogFormatter is not awesome though... I have some better versions of
it that I will throw up on GitHub in a bit and link if you're
interested.

On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 9:43 PM, Adam Rosien <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm trying to track down the exact cause of an ephemeral node being
> deleted. I know it could be either (a) the session where the node was
> created has expired, or (b) some session, perhaps the same one that created
> the node, explicitly deletes the node. Is there a good way to figure out,
> client-side or server-side, the actual cause of a node deletion?
>
> Specifically, I have a log message like the following, and I want to know
> "where" it came from:
>
> 2012-03-01 17:02:44 [main-SendThread(blah:2181)] [DEBUG]
> [org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn         ] - Got WatchedEvent
> state:SyncConnected type:NodeDeleted path:/blah/blah/blah for sessionid
> 0x333a2e75199161b
>
> Also, is the referenced session id the session id of a watch on the deleted
> node, or the session id of the session that deleted the node? I'm guessing
> the former.
>
> .. Adam
+
Camille Fournier 2012-03-02, 03:14