Zookeeper >> mail # user >> methods to figure out what causes an ephemeral node to be deleted

+
Adam Rosien 2012-03-02, 02:43
Re: methods to figure out what causes an ephemeral node to be deleted
Running your transaction logs through the LogFormatter. You should see
an explicit delete, or the close of the owning session. The
LogFormatter is not awesome though... I have some better versions of
it that I will throw up on GitHub in a bit and link if you're
interested.

On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 9:43 PM, Adam Rosien <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm trying to track down the exact cause of an ephemeral node being
> deleted. I know it could be either (a) the session where the node was
> created has expired, or (b) some session, perhaps the same one that created
> the node, explicitly deletes the node. Is there a good way to figure out,
> client-side or server-side, the actual cause of a node deletion?
>
> Specifically, I have a log message like the following, and I want to know
> "where" it came from:
>
> 2012-03-01 17:02:44 [main-SendThread(blah:2181)] [DEBUG]
> [org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn         ] - Got WatchedEvent
> state:SyncConnected type:NodeDeleted path:/blah/blah/blah for sessionid
> 0x333a2e75199161b
>
> Also, is the referenced session id the session id of a watch on the deleted
> node, or the session id of the session that deleted the node? I'm guessing
> the former.
>
> .. Adam
+
Camille Fournier 2012-03-02, 03:14