Hadoop >> mail # general >> [VOTE] sed bylaws.html -e 's/lazy\s+consensus/consensus approval/gi'

+
Robert Evans 2013-03-25, 18:28
+
Hitesh Shah 2013-03-25, 19:01
+
sandy.ryza@... 2013-03-25, 19:23
+
amareshwari sriramdasu 2013-03-26, 04:34
+
Noah Slater 2013-03-25, 18:36
+
Karthik Kambatla 2013-03-25, 18:43
+
Harsh J 2013-03-26, 15:23
+
Jonathan Eagles 2013-03-26, 15:14
Re: [VOTE] sed bylaws.html -e 's/lazy\s+consensus/consensus approval/gi'
On 25 March 2013 18:28, Robert Evans <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> As per Aaron's request I am starting a new voting thread to make it
> obvious that there is a vote happening.
>
> I propose that we change the term "lazy consensus" to "consensus approval"
> (aka s/lazy\s+consensus/consensus approval/gi) in the bylaws so that it
> matches the terms used in the apache foundation glossary.  No actual change
> to our voting would take place, just the term we use to describe that
> voting.
>
> As per the by-laws this would take a "lazy majority" of active PMC members
> (although others are encouraged to speak up).
>
> Lazy Majority - A lazy majority vote requires 3 binding +1 votes and more
> binding +1 votes than -1 votes.
>
> Voting lasts 7 days, so it closes Monday April 1st (But this is not a
> joke).
>
> I am +1 (binding)

+!, non-binding, with the caveat that my sed skills aren't enought to
verify that when the title of this vote is executed it isn't going to
insert a mandate that all future work will be done in Perl and Z80
assembler.
+
Noah Slater 2013-03-26, 09:07
+