MapReduce >> mail # user >> Re: some ideas for QJM and NFS

Re: 答复: 答复: 答复: some ideas for QJM and NFS
Yes, I agree with what Liang said. You can look at the sync time metrics on
the JournalNodes and in the NameNode to determine whether this is indeed
responsible for the throughput loss.

We ran tests at scale (100+ node) and saw no degradation in performance
when running QJM vs running NFS based HA, so long as the JNs are not
sharing disks with the datanodes. I think you'd see the same degradation in
an NFS HA setup if you tried to use a datanode as your NFS server.

-Todd

On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 12:39 AM, 谢良 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  But it'll contend for I/O resources. when journal(...) is invoked in JN,
> there will be a flush(shouldFsync) operation, relying on Java's
> FileChannel.force(...) method, then turn into a f(data)sync system call.
> So it's better to deploy JN on different nodes(e.g. SAS+Raid ?)
>
> Regards,
> Liang

>>> 2013-02-18_15:20:01
>>> 13/02/18 15:20:02 WARN util.NativeCodeLoader: Unable to load
>>> native-hadoop library for your platform... using builtin-java classes where
>>> applicable
>>> 2013-02-18_15:20:30
>>>
>>>  so the performance is a little bit better than hadoop-1.0.4.

Todd Lipcon
Software Engineer, Cloudera