HDFS >> mail # user >> Version control of files present in HDFS

+
Stuti Awasthi 2011-11-21, 09:22
+
Harsh J 2011-11-21, 09:53
+
Stuti Awasthi 2011-11-21, 09:58
Re: Version control of files present in HDFS
HDFS is a filesystem that is designed to support map-reduce computation.
 As such, the semantics differ from what SVN or GIT would want to have.

HBase provides versioned values.  That might suffice for your needs.

On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 9:58 AM, Stuti Awasthi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Do we have any support from GIT or SVN to attain that ?

+
Stuti Awasthi 2011-11-22, 05:26
+
Chris Shain 2011-11-22, 05:40