MapReduce, mail # user - examples of HADOOP REST API

examples of HADOOP REST API
Jay Vyas 2013-08-20, 17:43
Hi, it appears that there are some completed jiras for the Hadoop REST
services for monitoring via http calls.

Are there any examples of these in use?   I dont see any docs on the URLs
that the hadoop REST API publishes cluster information over.

Im assuming also that there might be some overlap between this and the
ambari REST services, but not sure where to start digging.

I want to run some rest calls at the end of some jobs to query how many
tasks failed, etc...
Hopefully, I could get this in JSON rather than scraping HTML.

Thanks!

--
Jay Vyas
http://jayunit100.blogspot.com