Accumulo >> mail # dev >> Accumulo 1.6 and beyond feature summit

Re: Accumulo 1.6 and beyond feature summit
- The ability to lock a table (or perhaps locality group(s)) to memory
would be very intriguing. I know this is somewhat achievable via the
data block and index block cache, however I'm not sure if that's
entirely the same? At a minimum, we currently only have on/off caching
for a table.
- Continuous-ingest is pretty good baseline for determining how good of
a configuration exists. I think we could easily take it a step farther
to make >1node installation/initial-setup much less error prone, not to
mention create a more stable test harness for various "normal" Accumulo
workloads. This could also make internal testing much easier and
reproducible.
- Focus on the proxy. I think making the proxy a very user-friendly
endpoint will vastly increase the usability of Accumulo overall. It no
longer forces everyone into Java (or jython/jruby); however the proxy
could still use some love (I went to use it one night and then realized
I had to update my installed version of Thrift, boo).

Parroting some stuff other people mentioned..

- cleanup hook on SKVI
- Scanner/BatchScanner/ScannerBase cleanup
- auto tablet merge