Zookeeper >> mail # user >> Curator and queue recipe warning

+
Diego Oliveira 2012-12-05, 02:42
Re: Curator and queue recipe warning
InterestingÅ . I had long ago requested clarification of the zookeeper
limits.  This is in keeping with my expectations.  Good for relatively
small numbers of children.

For example, you would be safe trying to coordinate 1000 machines but not
safe trying to coordinate the locations of 100,000+ shards over 1000
machines.

Bryan

On 12/4/12 9:42 PM, "Diego Oliveira" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Hello folks,
>
>    I got to the Curator wiki page to see something about the distributed
>queue recipe and got surprised with the big  warning telling to not use
>zookeeper as a distributed queue controller, the reason page described
>some
>cases that I passed here... is this *TRUE*, if so, what option do we have.
>
>The message:
>*IMPORTANT* - We recommend that you do NOT use ZooKeeper for Queues.
>Please
>see Tech Note 4 <https://github.com/Netflix/curator/wiki/Tech-Note-4> for
>details. Links
>
>https://github.com/Netflix/curator/wiki/Distributed-Queue
>https://github.com/Netflix/curator/wiki/Tech-Note-4
>
>--
>Att.
>Diego de Oliveira
>System Architect
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>www.diegooliveira.com
>Never argue with a fool -- people might not be able to tell the difference
+
Diego Oliveira 2012-12-05, 14:12
+
Camille Fournier 2012-12-05, 03:36